Frequently Asked Questions About Pregnancy Chiropractic Care
As excited as you may be about your pregnancy, you may also be concerned about how your body will react to the physical changes that occur over the next 9 months -- or you may already be experiencing some discomfort as a result. You may also be wondering how you can give your developing baby the healthiest possible start in life, and how chiropractic care can help. Here are the answers to frequently asked questions regarding pregnancy chiropractic care at Lynch Chiropractic Center.
- What are some of the common discomforts experienced during pregnancy? Pregnancy may produce a wide range of aches, pains, and other unpleasant sensations. Common issues include lower back pain, neck pain, headaches, edema (swelling) of the hands and feet, nausea, and mood swings.
- Why do these discomforts occur? The body makes room for the growing fetus by altering its spinal alignment and weight distribution. These changes, along with the weight gain that occurs during this time, places stress on the musculoskeletal and nervous systems, causing joint pain, muscle spasms, neurological symptoms, and functional problems that may affect your systemic health.
- How can chiropractic care improve comfort and function in pregnant women? Chiropractic care can help normalize the positions of joint components, easing pressure on nerves and nerve roots in the process. This form of treatment can minimize muscular strain and joint pain while also helping your entire body operate more efficiently.
- How does my musculoskeletal alignment affect my chances for a healthy delivery? The pelvic ligaments typically loosen during pregnancy in preparation for delivery. But this change can destabilize the sacral spine, encouraging alignment problems that may interfere with the fetus's ability to assume a head-downward position for birth. If you're facing a breech birth, you may need to undergo a C-section instead of having a normal delivery.
- Can chiropractic care help me avoid a breech birth or C-section? In many cases, chiropractic care can indeed help you steer clear of a C-section due to a breech birth. Our ability to correct sacral and pelvic alignment issues makes it easier to your fetus turn around in the womb, facilitating a normal, healthy delivery.
- Is chiropractic care safe during pregnancy? Chiropractic care is completely safe during pregnancy when performed by a skilled, experienced chiropractor. It's also been shown to relieve back pain in 70 percent of pregnant patients. Dr. Lynch knows how to make gentle, precise adjustments that optimize your health and wellness -- and therefore the health and wellness of the fetus as well.
- What other helpful techniques can complement pregnancy chiropractic care? In addition to pregnancy chiropractic care, we can provide with gentle stretching exercises, massage therapy, and other safe, natural techniques.
Learn More at Lynch Chiropractic Center
If you're ready to learn more about pregnancy chiropractic care or experience its benefits for yourself, call Lynch Chiropractic Center at (859) 266-1999. We can help you have an easier pregnancy!